Not a member yet?
Join to enjoy these benefits.
Benefits of Membership include:
- Subscription to our quarterly Irish research publication,The Septs, in electronic and/or paper format.
- Subscription to our eNewsletter, Ginealas, 6 issues/year.
- FREE entry to the Hoffman Research Library in Mendota Heights, Minnesota, the location of IGSI’s research collection -- one of the largest Irish genealogical collections in the USA.
- FREE access to Findmypast and Ancestry Library Edition on library computers.
- FREE volunteer research assistance on the 2nd Saturday of the month in the library.
- Discount on classes and programs: learn strategies and Irish resources to improve your research skills.
- New! Webinars: improve your research skills. Members get exclusive access to recordings of past webinars.
- Research consultations by appointment for out-of-state members.
- Discounted fee on commissioned research with IGSI research volunteers.
- Meeting other IGSI members who share an interest in genealogy and family history.
On the IGSI Website: Access to a wealth of additional information, some of which is available only with Member Login.
- Surname Interest database, where you can enter your ancestral family surnames and connect privately with others who are researching the same surnames.
- Members have access to contact information of submitters and other members.
- Past issues of The Septs and Ginealas are available to view or download and print, FREE to members.
- IGSI-created databases to articles in genealogical journals held in the IGSI collection, available for members to search.
- Links to useful genealogical resources & organizations in the U.S. and internationally.
- Informative articles on starting your research, specialized repositories, and resources for Irish and Scots-Irish research.