IGSI offers to help you with your research in two ways.
- You may use our website and links from our website to locate information to assist you in your research.
- You may contact our research volunteers with your request, and for a nominal fee they will assist you in locating the information or documents that you need.
There are several research projects that you can request from our IGSI research team.
Request an in-depth research
- Request research to locate the civil parish of your ancestors and, if possible, the townland they came from.
- These requests are billed at $15.00 per hour for members of IGSI, and $30.00 per hour for non-members, plus postage and copies, if used. There is a one-hour minimum charge on all requests at the applicable rate.
Request copies of townland maps
- Cost of reproduction of the large maps is rounded to the nearest dollar. There is an additional charge of $1.50 for a tube, if the map is rolled for mailing.
- Copies of the part of the townland map showing your town/townland location: $.50 per page.
Searches of unique library resources
- O’Kiefe, Coshe Mang, Slieve Lougher and Upper Blackwater in Ireland, 16 volumes usually referred to as the “Casey’s Collection”. Submit first name, surname, and location in Cork or Kerry, if possible.
- Irish Passenger Lists in our library – submit surname(s), first names, approximate age and year of arrival into a U.S. port. To see a listing or the Irish Passenger Lists in our library resources, click here.
- Parishes of the Archdiocese of St Paul and Minneapolis microfilms: $0.20 for each page copied. To see a list of the parishes and records available, click here. This will take you to the MGS website -- use the browser back arrow to return.
- A study of a surname in a known county in Ireland. For $25.00, the surname(s) will be mapped out on a parish map of the county. If a couple married in Ireland, both names will be done for the same price on the same map. If the surname is too numerous to get a meaningful result, you will be notified and there will be no charge.
For all requests
- Fill out the research form -- click here to go to the online form.
- Give as much genealogical information as you have. That will help us in your research.
- Be sure to include your contact information (email address, home address)
Payment may be made by check or PayPal. An estimate will be made of time needed to complete the request. Requester will then be notified of the amount due.
If you have questions for our research staff, feel free to send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To start your research help, click here for the research form.