Be a Volunteer!
The Minnesota Irish Fair is back August 12 - 14 at Harriet Island in St. Paul.
We’re looking for friendly IGSI members who live in the Twin Cities area to share the word about IGSI programs and services at the Irish Fair. Sign on to help for 4-hour shifts:
Friday 3 - 7pm
Saturday 10am - 7pm
Sunday 10am - 7pm
Three volunteers per shift -- helpers will be needed to set up on Friday and take down on Sunday at closing.
- Visit with IGSI members and the Twin Cities Irish community
- Share information about IGSI
- Enjoy food, music and everything Irish before or after your shift
- And maybe even connect with cousins and add to your family tree!
This year there is a $15/day entry fee to the Irish Fair. Volunteers who register to work 4 hours at the IGSI table at the Fair will be eligible for an entry pass for that day. Sign up to volunteer early!
* pictured: Volunteer Coordinator Jeanne B at the Minnesota Irish Fair, 2021
IGSI is a totally volunteer organization. And we appreciate the time and talent of those members who regularly help in the many projects and activities of the Society. Yet there are always new projects and committees needing helpers and technology has allowed everyone to help whether they live in Walla Walla, Tampa, Boston or even good old Minnesota! Every one of us has apparent and hidden talents and skills, many of which will benefit the growth of IGSI. Without your help, that won't happen. Please give a little time and help us keep IGSI strong.
No matter where you live, what you like to do, the amount of time you can spare, or how much responsibility you want to take, it's likely we can find something that needs doing that fits you.
How to Volunteer
If you are interested in helping with any of the volunteer opportunities listed below please send your name, email address and phone number to the IGSI volunteer coordinator
, with a note as to what volunteer role interests you. If you have expertise or talents to share in another area, tell us your interests and how you can help. We would love to have you join our volunteer ranks!
IGSI Volunteer Opportunities
We always need people with new talents. Training and assistance provided!
Website: Check/Update Research Resource Links – Work From Home
As we move to the new website, we have discovered any of the Research Resource links to other websites are old and link to nothing. Check and update the list. Perhaps even continue to monitor the research links.
Membership – Work From Home
- Provide back-up to the Membership Chair by answering member and future member questions
- Help prepare the annual donation report
- Assist in updating and preparing the membership brochure
- Help recruit new IGSI members
Webinars – Work From Home
- Provide back-up to the Education Chair by hosting and moderating our webinars using GoToWebinar software (training, scripts and step-by-step procedures provided). We could use you!
Ginealas e-newsletter – Work From Home
- Write articles
- Check hyperlinks
- Proof editting