IGSI is a totally volunteer organization. And we appreciate the time and talent of those members who regularly help in the many projects and activities of the Society. Yet there are always new projects and committees needing helpers and technology has allowed everyone to help whether they live in Walla Walla, Tampa, Boston or even good old Minnesota! Every one of us has apparent and hidden talents and skills, many of which will benefit the growth of IGSI. Without your help, that won't happen. Please give a little time and help us keep IGSI strong.
No matter where you live, what you like to do, the amount of time you can spare, or how much responsibility you want to take, it's likely we can find something that needs doing that fits you.
How to Volunteer
If you are interested in helping with any of the volunteer opportunities listed below please send your name, email address and phone number to the IGSI volunteer coordinator
, with a note as to what volunteer role interests you. If you have expertise or talents to share in another area, tell us your interests and how you can help. We would love to have you join our volunteer ranks!
IGSI Volunteer Opportunities
We always need people with new talents. Training and assistance provided!
Website: Check/Update Research Resource Links – Work From Home
As we move to the new website, we have discovered any of the Research Resource links to other websites are old and link to nothing. Check and update the list. Perhaps even continue to monitor the research links.
Membership – Work From Home
- Provide back-up to the Membership Chair by answering member and future member questions
- Help prepare the annual donation report
- Assist in updating and preparing the membership brochure
- Help recruit new IGSI members
Webinars – Work From Home
- Provide back-up to the Education Chair by hosting and moderating our webinars using GoToWebinar software (training, scripts and step-by-step procedures provided). We could use you!
Ginealas e-newsletter – Work From Home
- Write articles
- Check hyperlinks
- Proof editting
* pictured: Volunteer Coordinator Jeanne B at the Minnesota Irish Fair, 2021