Limited Research Hours at Hoffman Research Library
The Hoffman Research Library reopened in early July for limited library service on Saturdays, from 10 AM to 2 PM provided that two library volunteers are available in the building. Wearing masks, social distancing, and self-cleaning directions are other parts of the new rules for library use.
Admission is by advance reservation and, at this time, is limited to 8 patrons for two hours at a time: 10 AM - 12 Noon and Noon - 2 PM. The library is available for use by members of IGSI and all other genealogy societies located at the Minnesota Genealogy Center. Members of IGSI can make a reservation for a 2-hour slot (morning or afternoon) by using the Minnesota Genealogy Center’s Sign Up Genius website https://www.signupgenius.com/go/904044BAFAE2FA1FD0-hoffman.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in advance if you plan to visit the library and anticipate needing advice or assistance with your Irish research.
VIRTUAL JOURNEY HOME
REGISTRATION REMAINS OPEN!
Virtual Celtic Connections Conference,
available online through September 30, 2020
Join us on a virtual “Journey Home” and learn more about researching your family history!
ALL THIS FOR ONLY $99 (USD):
- On-demand presentations – No difficult decisions about which lecture to attend! All 25 pre-recorded presentations will be available for you to view whenever you choose.
- Conference extended from July 31-September 30 – Plenty of time to listen to any and all talks of interest to you (as long as you do so before September 30).
- Live chat sessions with the presenters – Opportunities for you to ask questions and interact with our speakers and other attendees. Live chat schedule: http://celtic-connections.org/ccc_chat.html
- Safe, convenient and less expensive – No risky and costly travel, no reservations, no trip delays. View the presentations from home at your convenience!
- Renowned genealogists cover a variety of topics – Fiona Fitzsimons, Maurice Gleeson, John Grenham, Chris Paton plus seven outstanding U.S. genealogy experts will address multiple topics and interests. See the complete program listing at our website (http://celtic-connections.org/ccc_program.html).
- Online syllabus — Electronic version of the conference syllabus will include all presentations as well as discounts on digital products. Black & white version available for printing.
Webinar recording available to members!
"The Connemaras: Despair in the Heartland" with Jane Kennedy, M.A.
The recorded presentation is now available to IGSI members on the Past Webinars
IGSI members can also view Tammy Priolo's FREE "Following the Irish Trail to Canada & Beyond" from there.
At Home Research
Researching from home?
Log into the IGSI website and read (or reread) Research Guidelines
and Research Resources.
While you’re at it, take another look at Surname Interests
to add or compare notes with other IGSI members for possible new family members you might not have known existed. Have fun!
Be safe, be well.
Visit us on Facebook for updates, activities & news about Irish culture
Celtic Connections Conference 2020
EVENT NOW A VIRTUAL CONFERENCE Co-sponsored by IGSI, this event is held every even-numbered year. As a virtual conference, we will have 25 presentations and ...
FamilySearch: In-Depth Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM Instructor: Tom Rice, CG $15.00 IGSI members/$20.00 non-members FamilySearch is ...
How to Get Ready to Search Irish Records
How to Get Ready to Search Irish Records Instructor: Kevin Cassidy Saturday, September 19, 2020 - 10:30 AM - Noon $15.00 IGSI members ...
"Tracing Your Irish Ancestors": Come Along with Tom and Mary on a Journey with John Grenham
"Tracing Your Irish Ancestors" - Come Along with Tom and Mary on a Journey with John Grenham Saturday, October 17, 2020 - 10:30 ...
Finding Your Overseas Irish Ancestors: A Case Study
Finding Your Overseas Irish Ancestors: A Case Study Saturday, November 14, 2020 - 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM Instructor: Lois Abromitis Mackin, PhD ...